Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cat Eating Grass

A few years back, I saw my cat eating grass through the window. It was weird as my family always feed him. Today I saw a cat near my office doing the same thing.

After searching the internet, these are some of the suggesstions given:
  • Cats use grass as a laxative to enable them to pass hairballs lodged in their intestines.

  • Cats eat grass to make them vomit up hairballs.

  • Cats eat grass because they are feeling sick and this makes them vomit, getting rid of poisons.

  • Cats eat grass to relieve inflammation of their throats.

  • Cats eat grass to relieve stomach ache.

  • Cats eat grass to add roughage to their diets.

So what do you think the right answer to our friendly feline eating grass habits? Have you seen it?

3 comments:

janus lu said...

Hmm...i think the reason why cat eat grass is because they ae sick, i observe the stray cats many times when they eat grass, normally a healthy cat won't do that, except when they have no appetite, they go to the bush and begin to smell the grass and eat. Later they will vomit some disgusting things out, i went to check those 'yellowish stuff' and discover those were some grass mixture, yakks! it is smelly! like a rotten durian! Yakks! I am sure the cat is getting ill. Small kitten also eat grass! :0

symbiotes021 said...

Wow, I think you're right then. After you done that a lot of studying their habits. You can be cat professor. Hehehe...

janus lu said...

Lol! Cat will be scare if they saw me coming, hehehehe... XD