Sunday, July 20, 2008

Strike - Change Presto WIP Pt. 5

Watch the 'mustache' gundam - Turn A for the first time, after bored having no new anime to watch. Well it wasn't bad at all. In fact, I enjoyed watching it. I used to say, 'what the heck?', 'Turn A is a disgrace to Gundam family', etcs.... I guess this is why they came out with the quote 'Don't judge books by it cover.". They used many MS from the HGUC like the Zakus... The character drawing style is okay too. Maybe I outta get meself a MG Turn A sometimes.....

Okay, let's go back to the Strikku!!

Did a Putty job for the first time. Diddn't know if I done it correctly but it work out...I guess...

Did the same thing to the twin sword's holder and they can connet like I wanted too. Yay!

A little close-up.

The chest addition that I done before is a hindrance and make the opening-cockpit gimmick harder. So I trew away some of the and think to remodelled the rest.

I want to change the way of the head look so I drew some sketches and add the side-face parts first.

Side close-up. Got the idea when look at Bro Erix's Unicorn commission works. I kinda like what he done to the front-lower part of the Unicorn's face.

Front close-up. Still sketching how the new V-Fin gonna look like...

Add a few pla-plates at the back as the base for the backpack. This is gonna be one buff Strike. Kukuku.....

A lil' close-up. Gaonna cover this part and make some kind of connector to the backpack. (The backpack is still in the sketches. Didn't built one yet. :P)

5 comments:

janus lu said...

So far looking good, keep it up, buddy. Well, actually Turn A is not bad, if you treat this as a new robot anime. One thing I love Turn A is the bgm. The anime sound track is good, especially the orchestra version, it is one of my hit song when working.

symbiotes021 said...

Hehehe...The songs are quite refreshing but if they had alter the mecha design a bit, the anime would scored in terms of storyline and designs.....

janus lu said...

You are right...luckily the Gundam Zero MS design is not bad, I quite love Exia, Tieren and Virtue. Just hope the they have the super HCM Pro version, hehehehe...

symbiotes021 said...

Just finished watching the Turn A Gundam. Turn X seems to be a nice MS (In terms of it can separated it body parts and make a fin-funnel/dragoon out of them). I kinda dislike the ending where there's no love story for Loran, the main antagonist. He kissed Sochie and than followed Queen Diana to live at the mountains. They just live together and from what I see, they aren't in love. Poor Sochie, her love for Loran just ended that way. I kinda like her because she can really whoop enemies with a lame Kapool.

janus lu said...

Hahaha...no doubt Turn A's ending is a bit plain, but this is the Gundam anime, so usually they don't take much point to make a perfect good ending love story. I agree with you Turn X is a nice MS, too bad no MG version of it...